Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Running. Is. Hard.

For the past week I have done my best to begin practicing meditation, but I have to admit it has come harder than I imagined. In a comment, awb said that he and his wife just finished an aromatherapy regiment. Perhaps I could start there? I'm not giving up on meditation, simply attacking it from a different angle.

Last weekend I ran a 5K for the first time in my life. It was the longest I have ever run by more than a mile. It was great to feel accomplished at the end, but it took me nearly the rest of the week to walk normally again! This brings me to my second new goal in combating MS: get in better shape.



This weekend I began my slow build-up to being more fit. I played volleyball with friends at Wash Park and went for my second round of golf with my boyfriend. It was incredible, and much more manageable than I had imagined!

We all know that heat slows us down. But after I completed the 5K, I realized that heat doesn't have to completely stop me! A strange revelation, I know, but an important one for myself. Today I am beginning to train for Bike MS with a short workout on an indoor bike. Not much, I know, but I will be ready for next June. I will ride 150 miles.

Day 2: Train for Bike MS at least three times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment